With this robin crochet kit you can make a cheerful crocheted robin decoration in gorgeous organically-farmed merino wool.
This little robin is perfect hanging from a twig tree or your Christmas tree, or you could use it as a bag charm or even a shocking cat toy! The beautifully-presented, eco-friendly kit also makes a great gift for a crafty friend.
The smartly-boxed kit contains everything you need to make one robin ornament:
- 12-page, fully-illustrated pattern printed on 100% recycled paper
- organically-farmed British merino wool
- fine cotton yarn for face details
- 100% natural sheep’s wool for stuffing
- blunt-tipped yarn needle
- gift tag up-cycled from cereal packets, greetings cards, etc
The pattern is worked with a 3mm (C-2 or D-3) and a 3.5mm (E-4) crochet hook (or the sizes you need to make a compact crochet fabric with the given yarn). I can include lovely bamboo crochet hooks of the correct sizes in the kit if you don’t have any or are giving the kit as a gift.
The finished bird is approximately 8cm or 3⅛inches long.
The kit contents and packaging aims to be as eco-friendly as I can possibly make it:
- box – 70% recycled, reusable and recyclable.
- ball bands, box labels – 100% recycled paper, recyclable.
- pattern – 100% recycled paper, recyclable.
- tissue – 100% recycled, recyclable.
- business cards, tags, etc – handmade from greeting cards, cereal packets, etc, recyclable.
The stuffing is a natural product and comes in a variety of sheepy colours. The wool is scoured, clean and carded, but may include the odd tiny bit of leaf or straw.
Just the pattern for this robin is also available as an instant download.
Customising Your Kit
Choose whether to include a bamboo crochet hook in the size required as part of the kit.
Choose whether you’d prefer the French, UK or US crochet version of the pattern – if you’re not sure, please contact me and I’ll help you choose.
Choose whether you would prefer your pattern printed of 100% recycled paper and included in the kit, or e-mailed to you as a digital file (PDF) for use on your mobile, tablet, e-reader, etc.
If you’d like this item sent directly to someone else as a gift, that’s no problem, just choose this option when checking out and I will remove price details from the package. You can also include a gift message at checkout for free.
If you’d like to have the kit gift-wrapped, please tick the option above. I use 100% recycled tissue and pretty paper tape, with a 100% recycled cotton tie and an up-cycled cardboard tag to complete your eco-friendly gift.