This beautifully-presented duckling crochet kit contains everything you need to make one mallard duckling:
- 20-page fully-illustrated pattern printed on recycled paper
- organically-farmed British merino wool
- bamboo-cotton blend yarn for eyes, beak and feet
- 100% natural sheep’s wool for stuffing
- blunt-tipped yarn needle
- gift tag up-cycled from cereal packets, greetings cards, etc
Everything is smartly presented in a reusable box, making it a great gift for anyone crafty.
The gorgeous yarn included in the kit is wonderfully soft and a delight to crochet with, resulting in a perfectly fluffy duckling.
The pattern is worked with a 3.5mm (US size E-4) crochet hook (or the size needed to make a compact crochet fabric with the given yarn). You can choose to include a lovely bamboo crochet hook in the kit if you don’t have one or are giving the kit as a gift.
The finished duckling is approximately 10cm (4inches) long.
The kit contents and packaging aims to be as eco-friendly as I can possibly make it:
- box – 70% recycled, reusable and recyclable.
- ball bands, box labels – 100% recycled paper, recyclable.
- pattern – 100% recycled paper, recyclable.
- tissue – 100% recycled, recyclable.
- business cards, tags, etc – handmade from greeting cards, cereal packets, etc, recyclable.
The wool stuffing is a natural product and comes in a variety of sheepy colours. It is scoured, clean and carded, but may include the odd bit of straw or leaf.
The crochet pattern for this duckling is also available as an instant download if you prefer.
Customising Your Kit
Choose whether to include a bamboo crochet hook in the size required as part of the kit.
Choose whether you’d prefer the UK or US crochet version of the pattern – if you’re not sure, please contact me and I’ll help you choose.
Choose whether you would prefer your pattern printed of 100% recycled paper and included in the kit, or e-mailed to you as a digital file (PDF) for use on your mobile, tablet, e-reader, etc.
If you’d like this item sent directly to someone else as a gift, that’s no problem, just choose this option when checking out and I will remove price details from the package. You can also include a gift message at checkout for free.