A DIY crochet kit to make a sweet little Christmas stocking ornament in eco-friendly materials.
The kit contains everything you need to make this traditional red-and-white stocking:
- fully-illustrated crochet pattern (UK or US versions available)
- beautiful organic cotton yarn in red and natural off-white
- 3.5mm bamboo crochet hook (optional)
- matching ribbon (may vary)
- vintage buttons (will vary)
- recycled polyester sewing thread
- blunt yarn needle
- sharp sewing needle
The finished stocking is approximately 9cm (3½inches) from top to toe, and around 4.5cm (1¾inches) across the top of the cuff.
I would give this pattern a difficulty rating of intermediate.
The kit is designed to be as eco-friendly / sustainable as I can possibly make it, and is beautifully presented, so the kit itself makes a great gift for a crafty and/or eco-minded friend.
- box – made of recycled card, recyclable
- printer paper, labels and tissue – 100% recycled, recyclable
- tags and thread cards – handmade from cereal packets, etc, recyclable
The ribbon is currently polyester, but I am working on sourcing an eco-friendly decorative ribbon, with no luck so far.
Choose whether or not to include a bamboo crochet hook in your kit.
Choose whether you’d prefer the UK or US crochet version of the pattern – if you’re not sure, please contact me and I’ll help you choose.
Choose whether you would prefer your pattern printed on 100% recycled paper and included in the kit, or e-mailed to you as a digital file (PDF) for use on your mobile, tablet, e-reader, etc.
If you’d like this item sent directly to someone else as a gift, that’s no problem, just choose this option when checking out and I will remove price details from the package. You can also include a gift message at checkout for free.
If you’d like to have the kit gift-wrapped, please tick the option above. I use 100% recycled tissue and pretty paper tape, with a 100% recycled cotton tie and an up-cycled cardboard tag to complete your eco-friendly gift.