A complete, eco-friendly kit to make an oak leaf brooch.
With this DIY kit you can crochet an oak leaf brooch or appliqué with optional button accents.
The kit contains everything you need to make one brooch:
- fully-illustrated crochet pattern printed on 100% recycled paper
- beautiful hand-dyed British BFL wool
- 4.5mm bamboo crochet hook (optional)
- brooch back
- vintage buttons (will vary)
- 100% recycled polyester sewing thread
- blunt-tipped yarn needle
- sharp sewing needle
- gift tag up-cycled from cereal packets, greetings cards, etc
The beautiful British wool yarn featured in this kit is hand-dyed by LoveBugsYarns.
The finished brooch is approximately 8cm or 3⅛” long with optional button embellishments. A gift tag is included if you are giving your finished brooch to someone.
The vintage buttons will vary but are chosen to complement the yarn in each kit.
The kit is designed to be as eco-friendly / sustainable as I can possibly make it, and is beautifully presented, so the kit itself makes a great gift for a crafty and/or eco-minded friend.
- box – made of recycled card, recyclable
- printer paper, labels and tissue – 100% recycled, recyclable
- tags and thread cards – handmade from cereal packets, etc, recyclable
Choose whether to include a sustainable bamboo crochet hook in the size required as part of the kit.
Choose whether you’d prefer the UK or US crochet version of the pattern – if you’re not sure, please contact me and I’ll help you choose.
Choose whether you would prefer your pattern printed on 100% recycled paper and included in the kit, or e-mailed to you as a digital file (PDF) for use on your mobile, tablet, e-reader, etc.
If you’d like this item sent directly to someone else as a gift, that’s no problem, just choose this option when checking out and I will remove price details from the package. You can also include a gift message at checkout for free.
If you’d like to have the kit gift-wrapped, please tick the option above. I use 100% recycled tissue and pretty paper tape, with a 100% recycled cotton tie and an up-cycled cardboard tag to complete your eco-friendly gift.