I am finally on the last few border rounds of my Granny Stripe Blanket!
In between completing the rows section of the blanket and working border rounds all the way around the blanket I added further rows of granny stripe along the long edges of the blanket only – to made it wider without making it longer.
It now takes about 1.3 balls of yarn to make one granny round around the entire perimeter of the blanket. I don’t have enough yarn left in any one colour to do any more of those rounds, and it’s approaching the correct size, so I’m now using up the final colours in which I have enough yarn to dc (US: sc) around the whole perimeter.
There are so many things I dislike about this blanket, but the end is now in sight! I think I’ll do a “wash up” post when it’s finished with details of what I think worked and what didn’t work for me.
I already woven in all the yarn tails from the main rows section of the blanket. When I’ve finished the border I’ll just have the tails from the border rounds to work in, and then it’s done! I’m going to put my “percentage complete” up to 95% on my Ravelry project!
Click here to see all updates on this granny stripe blanket.